How do I add text caption to Facebook Videos?
I asked myself this question while seating in the waiting room at the doctor’s office recently and decided to entertain myself on Facebook to notice another mistake that people are making on their Facebook page that is not helping them grow their email list. A video I noticed seemed very interesting, but I couldn’t un-mute it to hear what was being said because
- Other people in the waiting room might not be interested in my silly video.
- I forgot my headphones in the car.
That’s when it hit me.
How many times do I see a video on Facebook and wish that I didn’t have to un-mute it?
Better yet, Can we add text caption to Facebook videos?
That’s a great question, and the answer is YES YOU CAN.
Facebook is still giving free reach for videos. The free reach means that you can have more engagement on your page with videos than with a simple text or inspirational graphic post. Because of that, it makes sense to add text caption to your Facebook videos as part of your social media strategy.
If you’re still on the fence doing live videos, consider these reasons why you should do live videos and caption them.
Reasons to do live videos and add text caption
- Facebook auto-plays videos in the newsfeed. Adding text caption will make your videos super easy to consume with the sound off.
- 3 seconds or more count as video view metric on Facebook. Adding text caption will certainly keep people watching longer than 3 seconds.
- If people watch for longer than 3 seconds, that counts as increased engagement for your fan page.
- You can add a call-to-action on the caption, for instance for people to subscribe to your opt-in.
- The other good news is that you can go back to your old videos to add text caption.
So open a separate window on your computer, choose a video to add text caption to, hit play and let’s slay this tech monster!
Hi, I’m Webly. My passion is working with determined entrepreneurs who are ready to dominate their websites, grow their potential client list, and nail it on social media so they can start focusing on the core of their business.READ MORE